Not much to report today (I guess that’s a good thing), but I’ll give a quick status.
We had a fun evening together with the older kids enjoying some fine entertainment at the La Patera Elementary School Talent Show. Fun to see and be seen! This morning, Livy and I made the trip down to relieve Oma at Rudy’s bedside. Livy had raised a protest over the fact that she hasn’t had the opportunity to come down to see Rudy and spend the night, so this is her chance. She’s spending as much time in the room as outside of it as there’s now a new group of nurses to charm here on the PICU side in addition to keeping up with her CTICU friends on the other side.
Rudy has had some struggles today. The fussiness and the occasional fever spike have come to mark the onset of an infection, so that’s being monitored carefully and we’ll wait to see what the cultures bring back. He did calm down by mid-afternoon and has had a few hours of comfortable rest.
We’ve been in contact with the GI surgical team and they are trying to arrange the surgical calendar. While everyone would like to get Rudy on the calendar for Monday, there are some emergency cases that might take precedence. Of course, if an infection is discovered that might make the choice for us. So, another thing to wait on. We’ll let you know when we hear something.