We received the authorization paperwork we’ve been waiting for in the mail yesterday. PTL! It’s a relief to finally have it but it does feel a little anti-climatic…particularly, I think, because UCLA still can’t see us until November 9th.
Unfortunately, the momentum we initially felt with Cedars Sinai has faded too. They needed to review my MRI images and medical notes before they’d set an appointment… we’re waiting to hear back from them. Rolf and I would still like to go to Cedars as the more input we can get at this point, the better but it doesn’t look like we’ll be heading to the hills anytime soon. It’s disappointing.
So, we sit and wait. We’re good at that. It’s unfortunate this step in the journey has taken so long and it’s unfortunate Rolf and I are left feeling wiped out by the process but we’re positioned, now, to move forward. On a practical level, I guess our prayers are shifting from the acquisition of the authorization to a smooth 2nd opinion process, quick answers and OPTIONS! It would really be nice to have some options. 🙂
‘Looking for lifelines, Trish